Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Journal Entry #6

Journalist Caught in Lies.

Janet Cooke and Jimmy's world, The Wafer Story reflection:

I don't really consider stories being fake unless they're very far fetched ans seem skeptical. I just take for granted that it is true.

I'm very surprised that professional journalist would lie about things just to have more credit. I can't believe they wouldn't think about the affects of what will happen when people find out they've lied. Its very selfish to do so.

I agree somewhat to Shafer's statement but i feel it's not lack of being able to write a story they probably just wanted more attention guided towards them. They wanted to be the first to write about something and gain respect for creating a newsworthy story.

I feel they should be tested to see if they can handle the stress and pressure that comes with the job of being a journalist. Students should go through some sort of test to prove they have what it takes to be a journalist.

I think a newspaper ombudsman should help with ethics. They're are there to look at readers complaints and work to fix them. I feel they will be able to fix problems that are brought up by others and address the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment